- Teachers Unions Want Another Bite at the Taxpayer Apple - The looters are going to keep chipping and chipping away at TABOR until they can raid your bank account at will.
- Colorado Medicaid Rolls Double After Expansion
- What you need to know about the ColoradoCare proposal (PDF)
- The Best and Worst Cities for School Choice - “After New Orleans and Washington, Denver rated third in 2015.”
- YouTube doesn’t like T-Mobile’s low-quality video scheme - This is part of what Net Neutrality is trying to prevent.
- Microsoft mandates browser-extension defence to malvertising
- GOP Congressman Defends Right to Vape
- Political ignorance and bombing Agrabah - (via @AriArmstrong)
- A No-Guns List Is Not the Solution
- Closing Schools Over Terrorist Threats Creates New Problems - Humans are very bad at dealing with risk.
- Steam Winter Sale Discounts Metal Gear Solid 5, Witcher Franchise and More - Let the games begin!
- “The Serial Swatter” http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/29/magazine/the-serial-swatter.html?_r=1
- Patent troll targets sports games http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/261945/Patent_owner_sues_EA_Activision_Zynga_and_more_over_sports_games.php?utm_source=dlvr.it
- Hackers threaten Xbox Live and PlayStation Network http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/12/17/hackers_threaten_xbox_live_psn/
- Rocket Leagues makes $50 million http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-12-18-rocket-league-has-made-usd50m
- New hockey mode http://www.gamespot.com/articles/rocket-leagues-hockey-mode-winter-event-now-availa/1100-6433105/
- Big updates for console versions of Minecraft http://news.xbox.com/2015/12/18/minecraft-console-edition-update-launches-today/?ocid=Evergreen_SOCIAL_Twitter
- VLC Media Player Finally Available on Chrome OS
- Facebook’s website now uses HTML5 instead of Flash for all videos
- ‘Unauthorized code’ that decrypts VPNs found in Juniper’s ScreenOS
- The Needed Political Realignment - I once thought as Ari does. I gave up. I’m just tired of fighting against the liars that run the GOP.
- New Study Skewers the Poverty Excuse in American Education
- New Kingdom Hearts 3 Gameplay Shown in New Trailer
- Biggest Minecraft: Console Edition Update of All Time Launches Today - The article also mentions that this is hitting other consoles as well. Happy mining.
- Rocket League has made $50m
- Report: Several Colorado Safeway stores involved in skimming breach - If it’s really that hard to put a skimmer on Safeway’s terminals, then you’re probably looking at an inside job. Either that or Safeway’s physical security sucks rocks.
- Press Backspace 28 times to own unlucky Grub-by Linux boxes - It sounds bad but you have to have physical access to the box. If you have that access then you already own the box. It’s a little different in VM space but not much.
- Google Displeased With California’s New Self-Driving Car Regulations
- Mozilla Releases Firefox 64-bit for Windows
- Amazon t2.nano instances arrive, aimed at websites, microservices, and test environments
- Ban teens from Snapchat, Facebook, Google? That’s Europe’s new ruling - The headline is a little hyperbolic. The EU is trying to push the age level up is also allowing member nations to set it lower if they want.
- YouTube Divorces Webcam Direct Upload
- Congress strips out privacy protections from CISA ‘security’ bill
- Let’s shut down the internet: Republicans vacate their mind bowels - Democrats haven’t been any better. There’s some industrial grade stupidity when it comes to tech among almost all of the professional political class.
- The science is (nearly) settled: a higher minimum wage costs jobs
- To Reduce Inequality, Cut Red Tape
- Victory! New York stops sale of toy guns, levies massive fines - Ban all the things!
- College Enrollment Declines for 4th Straight Year
- Mass Shooting Delusions
- PARCC data provides glimpse at school and district performance, but low participation clouds picture
- The Serial Swatter
- TX 7th grader told he can’t wear Star Wars shirt because it has weapon on it
- Is Your Fantasy Football Squad Illegal?
- Paris Agreement Is Worst Way for Government to Approach Climate Change
- Whistleblower claims State, DHS shut down program that might have prevented San Bernardino attack
- Scientists cheering for NOAA chief to not be “bullied” into showing their work on climate data - After all, why shouldn’t scientists hide their data from public scrutiny. Independent verification of data isn’t what science is about. We should all believe everything scientists say without question.
- Nintendo’s new controller http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-files-patent-for-unique-free-form-touch-c/1100-6433023/
- Minecraft coming to Wii U http://www.gamespot.com/articles/minecraft-wii-u-confirmed-coming-very-soon/1100-6432876/
- New GTA expansion coming. Not coming to Xbox 360, PS3 http://www.gamespot.com/articles/gta-5s-next-free-expansion-announced-not-coming-to/1100-6433001/
- Colorado ACLU Board Member: Shoot Trump Voters ‘Before Election Day’ - Calling for the death of people who support politicians you don’t like is exactly how one supports civil liberties.
- Planned fake mass shooting in Texas isn’t way to promote gun rights
- New CBO report: ObamaCare will reduce workforce by 2 million over next 10 years - If only someone could have predicted this ahead of time. Oh, wait, they did.
- Report: Most Gun Control Policies Ineffective at Preventing Gun Crime
- Christmas Comes Early for Teachers Unions and Obama Administration With No Child Left Behind Rewrite
- No Matter What the FBI Says, Compromising Encryption IS a Technical Issue
- Mozilla nixes Firefox OS, bowing out of mobile race - Not surprising at all.
- Why smart toys are a dumb gift idea – and how to protect your kids if they already have them
- Hospital provider fee is a billion dollar political fight in Colorado
- Democrats Call to Ban “Most Guns”
- Firefox reverses course, nixes in-browser ads
- Report: PS4’s PS2 emulation won’t support discs or PS3 digital purchases - The lack of disc support is disappointing. I’d love to be able to use my old PS2 discs in my PS4.
Welcome to Music Free Politics. This is episode 168 recorded on 19 December 2015.
0:02:46 Crisis! Ban All the Things!
Music Free Static is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Welcome to Music Free Gaming. This is episode 003 recorded on 19 December 2015.
0:01:04 Swatters and Trolls
0:26:12 Rocket League
0:35:10 Minecraft Update
Music Free Gaming is licensed under the Standard YouTube license.
Welcome to Music Free Gaming. This is episode 002 recorded on 12 December 2015.
0:00:36 The Next Nintendo
0:18:57 Minecraft coming to Wii U
0:30:10 New GTA Expansion
Music Free Gaming is licensed under the Standard YouTube License
subscribe via RSS