- Report: Several Colorado Safeway stores involved in skimming breach - If it’s really that hard to put a skimmer on Safeway’s terminals, then you’re probably looking at an inside job. Either that or Safeway’s physical security sucks rocks.
- Press Backspace 28 times to own unlucky Grub-by Linux boxes - It sounds bad but you have to have physical access to the box. If you have that access then you already own the box. It’s a little different in VM space but not much.
- Google Displeased With California’s New Self-Driving Car Regulations
- Mozilla Releases Firefox 64-bit for Windows
- Amazon t2.nano instances arrive, aimed at websites, microservices, and test environments
- Ban teens from Snapchat, Facebook, Google? That’s Europe’s new ruling - The headline is a little hyperbolic. The EU is trying to push the age level up is also allowing member nations to set it lower if they want.
- YouTube Divorces Webcam Direct Upload
- Congress strips out privacy protections from CISA ‘security’ bill
- Let’s shut down the internet: Republicans vacate their mind bowels - Democrats haven’t been any better. There’s some industrial grade stupidity when it comes to tech among almost all of the professional political class.
- The science is (nearly) settled: a higher minimum wage costs jobs
- To Reduce Inequality, Cut Red Tape
- Victory! New York stops sale of toy guns, levies massive fines - Ban all the things!
- College Enrollment Declines for 4th Straight Year
- Mass Shooting Delusions